Lifestyle

Meghan Markle ‘unlikely’ to have requested solo meeting with Charles, royal source says


A royal reporter’s claim that Meghan, Duchess of Sussex had written a letter to King Charles after Queen Elizabeth’s death demanding a one-on-one meeting has been shot down as “very unlikely.”

Neil Sean, a US-based entertainment correspondent who has worked with media outlets such as NBC and Access Hollywood, said he had heard from a “very good source” that Meghan had requested a private audience with Charles before she and Prince Harry returned to the US.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Claim Meghan Markle requested one-on-one meeting with King Charles

For more Royal Family related news and videos check out Royal Family >>

However, King Charles has left England for Scotland, returning to the Balmoral estate where his mother died on September 8 at the age of 96.

With Harry and Meghan keen to return to their children Archie and Lilibet, who are being cared for at home in Montecito, California, and King Charles now in Scotland, a meeting is likely not on the cards, a royal source said.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, left, and King Charles III. Credit: Getty

The source added that it would be “odd” for Meghan to request a meeting without Harry, and that it would be “very unlikely” for such a demand to be made while Charles is still deep in mourning.

There has been no official comment from any of the royals on whether Meghan requested, or was granted, a private meeting with the King.

But other royal observers have noted that if such a meeting was requested down the track, King Charles would be unlikely to ignore or refuse it.

Charles spoke of his “love” for Harry and Meghan in his first public address as King, and is reportedly keen to mend fences.

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex during the Committal Service at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle on September 19. Credit: WPA Pool/Getty Images

That desire was indicated by his intervention to allow Harry to wear military uniform when guarding the Queen’s coffin at Westminster Hall last Saturday.

Harry, who saw action on the front line during two tours of duty in Afghanistan, has previously been denied the chance to wear his military uniform as he publicly mourns, because he is no longer a working royal.

But royal sources said the King decided his youngest son could wear uniform for the vigil.

Neil Sean’s YouTube video in which he claimed Meghan had requested an audience with the King has had nearly 300,000 views.

“That’s right – Meghan one-to-one with King Charles. You heard correct,” he said.

There were reports that Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, had requested a one-on-one meeting with King Charles. Credit: Getty

“It’s a very brave move from Meghan herself.

“It would be an opportunity to clear the air, pull the rights from wrongs and explain some of the rationale behind what they’ve been doing over the last two years.

“Now, you know, you have to admire Meghan’s self-belief, whatever you think.”

For more engaging royals content, visit 7Life on Facebook.

Are Harry and Meghan returning to Royal life?.

Are Harry and Meghan returning to Royal life?.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.